Tuesday 27 March 2012

Q4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

At the research stage the main media technologies that I used where:
  • Blogger - Blogger was a vital media technology as it was used to complete the required coursework, using it made access easy as it is accessable via the internet meaning that work could be done at any time, anywhere. Also the blogger interface makes it easy to upload images, embed video's and sound clips which all make it possible to make my courseowork more interactive and easier to show what I have learnt on the course, giving me a better chance at accessing higher grades.
  • Screen Grabs - This media technology allowed me to get a direct copy of pictures, reviews, repsonses and still images within a video. This is a plus because it makes it easier to refer to direct evidence of something and to elaborate on particular shots in a researched video.
  • Youtube - Youtube was used in various ways to help me find out information on bands and audience opinions, this influenced me to form certain genre specific questions as I knew I would get the most information from them. Also, it allowed me to create and post video's about answers to questions; on an online community that the whole world has access to, making my coursework more visual and nicer to look at.
  • Google Docs - This was used to form a questionnaire in a quick and simple way as result could be put into charts and graphs automatically. Also using this gave me the ability to embed the questionnaire onto my blog where anyone could go on to and answer giving people easy access to it. It also gave me the ability to email the questionnaire around without having to contact the people again for their answers, saving time and making the audience research contactless as I didnt have to meet one person face to face.
At the Planning stage the main media technologies I used were:
  • Animatic (iMovie) - The animatic was made using iMovie and it was basically a slide show of our storyboard in time with the song. This was good because I could manipulate the length of time each picture lasted for making it a very good visual representation of how the official music video would look. This was an effective way of my group seeing if the chosen shots were good or bad and helped us decide what to leave in and take out. Also, it was a good way of showing my understanding of how to use iMovie and how to upload various images, thus making the courseowork better.
  • Still Camera - The still camera was used to go out and take pictures of various potential locations of the video shoot. Using this allowed all the images to be put in one place and compared on whether they were suitable or not.
At the Construction stage the main media technologies I used were:
  • Da font - This was use to gather up approriate fonts for ad covers, album titles and artwork for my genre. It was good as the wide range of fonts meant we could use more than one, and search for almost any type.
  • Photoshop - This was used to manipulate images so that they could look better and enhance the quality of the final media product.
  • Tripods - This was used to give us perfect still, level shots whilst filming.
  • Fig Rig - This allowed us to use video camera's in an unorthodox way where shots could be rotated and held without getting the effect of a hand shaking.
  • Final Cut - This was used to edit the music video at a professional, intricate and detailed standard in order to get the best results when editing was completed. It allowed this as there were many unique transitions and effects exclusive to final cut.
At the Evaluation stage the main media technologies I used were:
  • Facebook - This was used to gather feedback from peers and others as it gave me the ability to post my video on a social networking site and ask the people for opinions and answers to questions in an easy and efficient way.

No comments:

Post a Comment